– Keep your hands UP
And by this I mean thumbs at eyebrows or at least top of fists at your cheek bones. This isn’t boxing. We have kicks, later we have elbows.
– Keep your chin down
Put it in your chest, and “peek a boo” through your gloves
– Keep your head up
Hips in, hips/shoulders/head in one line, head up. Put your head down you are going to be kneed in the face! Or snapped down! Or choked out!
– Stay up on your toes, light on your feet and MOVE!
– Don’t like getting punched? (no one does!)
1. Keep your distance and kick them (kick the puncher)
2. Tie them up
– Clinch with a PLAN!
In the clinch it is the person who is first with the most that wins
– Don’t like getting kicked? (no one does?)
1. block the kick
2. destroy the kick
3. punch the kicker
4. ride the kick
5. catch the kick
6. avoid the kick
– Knee when they clinch
– Don’t forget your “dirty boxing”
– Throw when they knee
– It is better to be thrown than controlled
– Learn how to fall, how to shrimp, and how to get up
Sorry, this is a short one
NOW GO AND TRAIN!